NBC Scholarships, Achievements, and Recognition
NBC is a church committed to celebrating and recognizing academic achievement. The mission of the African Methodist Episcopal Church encourages us toward advancement spiritually, emotionally, physically, and intellectually. We follow this mission by supporting students with scholarships and celebrating our students as they matriculate from primary to secondary, to college, and beyond. Please find information about our various scholarship and recognition programs below.
- NBC Scholarship Application
- Due March 21, 2022, 11:59 PM
- NBC Children and Youth Accomplishments and Recognition
- Due May 16, 2022, 11:59 PM
- Due May 16, 2022, 11:59 PM
Scholarship Criteria and Guidelines
Deadline: Monday, March 21, 2022, by 11:59 PM
Please read the following carefully and CLICK HERE to start your application.
The New Bethel AME Church Scholarship Commission was established with contributions from members of the church to support post-secondary educational opportunities for current members. Scholarships are awarded to deserving graduating high school seniors or current college students attending members of New Bethel A.M.E. Church (NBAMEC) in Lithonia, GA. The student must be enrolled full-time at a four-year college/university and/or vocational/community college. Scholarships will be applied to the cost of undergraduate tuition, fees, room, board, and other college expenses.
To receive consideration, applicants must:
- be current, active members of NBAMEC for at least one year (youth and/or parent/guardian)
- be involved or have been involved in a ministry at NBAMEC
- be a member of the current high school graduating class
- be enrolled full-time during the academic year in a program leading to a two-year or four-year degree or vocational/technical school
The following items should accompany the completed application:
- Well written essay as identified on the scholarship application
- Two letters of recommendation; one must be from a ministry leader or clergy at New Bethel AME Church and the other from a teacher or counselor at your high school. Submit letters of recommendation with your application via email.
- Official grade transcript through the first semester of 12th grade for high school students or most recent grade transcript for college students
- Interview with the Scholarship Commission
To receive consideration, the application and all supplemental materials must be received by Monday, March 21, 2022. Incomplete applications, including failure to appear for the interview, will not be considered.
The Scholarship Commission of New Bethel AME Church will select recipients. The commission reserves the right to rescind an award should a recipients’ circumstances change, such as failure to graduate from high school or enroll at an accredited institution. Finally, the Scholarship Commission has the right to withhold the award if no applicants meet the qualifications.
Once selected, checks will be issued and mailed directly to the recipient. Separate checks will be issued for the fall and spring semesters. The New Bethel check processing procedure requires approximately three weeks.
For your check to be issued, you must submit verification of your enrollment at a college, university, or vocational school as soon as possible. A copy of your class schedule or letter from the registrar is acceptable documentation.